Using GIF’s is a great way to express yourself and even better when it’s a customized one. But what if you are not familiar with Photoshop, Camtasia Studio, or Adobe Premiere?
In this article, we will show you very simple different ways that will allow you to create your own customized GIFs for WeChat. Just remember: no matter what tools you use, the GIF should be smaller than 300KB (although files with 250KB also may have issues). Otherwise, you will end up with a still picture.
You can also use GIF Maker to create GIFs with video.
1. Choose “Video” and you can record a video for no longer than 6s. Click on the camera and select “Record”. After that shoot your video and select “Use Video”. Then click on “Make” to share it on WeChat.
Creating GIF’s with special effects
With 美图GIF, you can create a GIF where only a part of the image is moving (moving eyeballs for example).
1. Choose 魔术GIF (aka the magic hat with a blue camera).
2. Record a normal video of yourself moving your eyeballs. You can select the takes you want to use by clicking on the bottom button (A) or just click on the top right button (B) to continue.
3. Select the brush on the bottom (A) and tap the area you would like to see moving. Click on the blue button on the top right to continue. Choose a filter and change the speed on the green bar.
Now you can see the rolling eyes!
Video2Gif is a good choice when you want to use an existing video from your phone gallery to make a GIF.
1. Choose a video from your album by clicking the blue button on the left. Trim the part that you want by dragging the clip on the bottom.
2. Pick a filter and share it with your friends on WeChat.
You can also create GIFs using Youtube videos. We recommend this website: https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator1. Insert the URL of the video and edit it. You can trim it, choose the width, add text, etc.
2. You will be able to download the GIF to your computer once you generate it and share it on WeChat (you can get the web version here https://wx.qq.com).
Have any questions? Leave a comment below, we would love to hear from you!